Do you have belly fat that you need to get rid of? Don’t know exactly how to get rid of belly fat?
In this article, I will share with you a great strategy to reduce unwanted belly fat! I aim to change a lot of your concepts and ideas about lose weight in order to help you achieve the body you want. At the end of this article you will know how to get rid of belly fat and be motivated to get rid of it.
First, I want you to imagine the impact that losing belly fat could have on your life – feeling better, breathing better, sleeping better, a better self-image, higher self-confidence, and much more. Once you’re motivated to lose the weight, following the plan will be much easier!
How to Get Rid of Belly Fat Is it Achievable?
Step 1 – Diet to Follow
The first step to getting rid of belly fat is changing your diet. Here is some tips to help:
Eat Breakfast; Drink a lot of Water, Switch out refrained grains for whole grains
- Try to eat breakfast within the first hour of waking. This will stimulate the release of insulin, leading to lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- Avoid cereals and focus instead on protein and high-fiber foods such as eggs, fresh fruit, and vegetables.
- Water will increase your metabolism while flushing out waste and toxins. I like to drink water in the morning when I wake up and during exercise, and I advise you to do the same.
- According to many studies, whole grains change the body’s response to glucose and insulin, leading to accelerated burning of visceral fat.
Focus on eating healthy fats, add fiber to your diet, and reduce your calorie consumption
- Healthy fats have a high ratio of monounsaturated fat (found in foods such as avocados, nuts, and chocolate) and can prevent the accumulation of belly fat. Don’t be afraid of them.
- Unhealthy fats and trans-fat (found in foods such as cookies crackers) result in more fat being deposited in the abdomen. Restrict them as much as possible.
- Be sure to add plenty of fiber to your diet. Fiber helps in losing weight because it carries fat and cholesterol out from the digestive system and prevents your body from absorbing it. However, be careful to add it gradually so that you don’t get constipation.
- One of the easiest and most effective means of getting rid of belly fat is to reduce the number of calories you consume on a daily basis. If you consume fewer calories than your body burns, you will lose weight. When cutting calories, go no lower than 1,500 calories per day for women, or 2,000 calories per day for men.
- Remember it takes a deficit of 3700 calories to lose one pound of fat. If you follow my previous tip, you will lose 1 to 2 pounds a weak depend on your activity level.
- Don’t starve yourself. If you deprive your body of the nutrients it needs to function, it will slow your metabolism.
Figuring out which foods to eat can be tricky. Certain foods will accumulate body fat, while others fight it. Check out the cheat-sheet below for help!
The worst foods to eat are:
- Any soy-based foods
- Fried foods, or foods made with soybean oil
- Foods highly laden with pesticides (choose organic over conventional whenever possible)
The best foods to help fight belly fat are:
- Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower
- Citrus fruits, such as grapefruit, oranges, lemons, and limes
- Raw honey
- Onions and garlic
- Green tea
- Leafy greens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Wild fatty fish, such as salmon
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Grass-fed meat and dairy
- Spices such as turmeric, oregano, rosemary, ginger, and sage
The above foods will improve your chances of getting rid of belly fat. For the best results, try to include a minimum of 3-4 of the above foods into your diet every single day.
Tip: One thing to consider when try to reach your weight loss goal within a short time is a diet plan and fitness program. There are many out there, but most are fad diets that not work in the long-term. Luckily, several do work well and help thousands achieve their desired results. Click here to learn more.
Step 2 – Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
Did you know: abdominal exercises alone will not cause you to lose belly fat?
Belly fat does not respond to spot exercises, so you will see much better results by using all-over body exercises.
Here are some important tips to know how to get rid of belly fat through exercises:
- Avoid crunches, they do not help in burning belly fat and cause strain on the body.
- Try doing squats, pushups, burpees, deadlifts, and the plank.
- Do cardio training (unless stated by a doctor to a health risk).
- Add resistance training to your routine to not only burn fat, but also firm your muscles.
Don’t forget that it’s important to exercise for 90 minutes 3 times per week to see results!
Step 3 – Track Your Progress
When you are working towards your goal of weight loss, it is important to calculate your waist-to-hip ration from time to time. Knowing the progress you have already made can help to keep you motivated!
A healthy waist-to-hip ratio should be 0.8 or below for women, and 0.9 for men
- Get a tape measurer
- Measure the circumference of your hip at the widest part
- Measure the circumference of your waist around your belly button or just above it
- Divide the waist measurement by the hip measurement
Step 4 – Keep Yourself Motivated
Starting on a diet and exercise plan can often seem daunting, therefore it is important to consider the previous steps within a broader, lifestyle-oriented context. The most important step is simply to start and never give up.
Here are a few basic tips to help you stay motivated:
- Think about your wellness, not your weight loss
- Set achievable goals; trying to achieve too much too soon can set you back
- Have a partner to exercise with
- Understand both the risks associated with belly fat (DM type II, hypertension, hepatitis, etc.) and the benefits of losing weight
- Follow a diet and fitness plan that works for you
- Watch my motivational page’s videos and bookmark it
At the end of this article, wish you best results in shortest time, i give you the main tips on how to get rid of belly fat.
Next Step? Sign up for my newsletter! I’m giving away wonderful goodies through my newsletter starting this January. Also check out my “101 Belly Fat Tips to Burn Belly Fat Daily!” book (limited copies!). Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to stay in the loop. Here you go!
How to get rid of belly fat Resources